Lets just get one thing straight. Chocolate companies are trying to confuse us.
US Milky Ways are what we in the UK would call Mars Bars as they have caramel in and US 3 Musketeer Bars are what we’d call Milky Ways.
See what I mean?
So, these cookies have luscious chunks of chocolate and nougat, Milky Ways are one of my favourite chocolate bars and I decided that since I love cookies and I love Milky Ways they were just a match made in heaven, so I made these babies.
You’re welcome 😀
They really are dreamy… Just look, you can see bits of melted nougat in the top :O
These were a mega success, I ate 3 straight out of the oven.
Seriously you need these in your life!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 8 full size/16 fun size UK Milky Ways (US 3 Musketeers), chopped into chunks
- 1 and ½ sticks (170g) butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Don't preheat oven yet, the dough needs to chill.
- Place the flours, bicarb, salt and chopped Milky Ways into a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until well incorporated. Leave to one side.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined and smooth, scraping down sides as required.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix on a low speed until a dough forms.
- Place the dough back in the bowl you measured the dry ingredients in.
- Cover the bowl in clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, if possible overnight.
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350F) and line 2-3 baking trays. If you only have 2, you'll probably have to bake in batches.
- Using a 1.5tbsp cookie scoop, place balls of dough about 2 inches apart on your baking sheets. Flatten very slightly so they don't fall off the baking tray!
- Place in the oven for 8-9 minutes (mine took 9 minutes) until lightly golden around the edges and underdone in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. Believe me they stay so soft and chewy!
I link up at these great Link Parties!