Ok, I’m still not feeling well, in fact I’m feeling pretty rough again today and about to go and have a blood test, so I’m going to keep this quick…
These fudgey cookie crumble bars are just…. sensational. There are so many layers of flavour in one bite, I was completely taken aback when I tried these. I’d guessed they’d be good, I mean look at all the chocolate in there, but when I actually took a bite… heaven!
Look at the condensed milk oozing out!? OMG! These are not for the faint hearted 😉 They are intense, absolutely perfect for chocolate lovers! Next time I make these (even though this size is FINE for me!) I’m going to cut these smaller as they’re so rich, you don’t need a big piece, although you may want one 😀
To make these bars, I whipped up a double chocolate chip cookie dough. You place some dough in the bottom of your pan, flatten it, add a layer of chopped Cadbury Fudge bars and then cover the fudge bars with more chocolate chip cookie dough! Then, the crowning glory: you pour a can of sweetened condensed milk all over them.
Bake them until risen and puffy and then dive in! I admit, I did not wait for these to cool before trying them haha! They smelt so damn good, I just had to grab a fork as soon as they came out of the oven! Seriously, if you love cookies, fudge and chocolate then you will LOVE these!!
Side note: I’m managing to keep up with posts at the moment, but I just wanted to say that I may not be able to always post 3 recipes a week for a while – I’m about to have another blood test and then I may have to have more tests to find out what’s wrong with me, so I’m probably going to be pretty exhausted 🙁
- 1 and ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup bread flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1 and ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 and ¾ sticks (200g) unsalted butter, at room temp
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cadbury Fudge bars (this was 12 bars for me), chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350F an grease and line your pan.
- Place the flours, bicarb and chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl and stir until combined and the chocolate chips have a good coating of flour on, leave to one side.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 mins on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and, scraping down the sides as necessary, mix until well incorporated and smooth, about 1 min on med-high speed.
- Tip in the flour mix and mix on low until a dough forms.
- Reserve 1 cup of cookie dough and tip the rest into the 9x9 inch pan. Smooth a little to make sure the whole pan is covered and then sprinkle the chopped fudge bars all over.
- Crumble the reserved cup of dough on top of the fudge bars and then pour the condensed milk over the whole pan.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until risen, lightly golden around the edges and the centre is almost set. The condensed milk will be slightly browned around the edges and bubbling.
- Leave to cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing into bars.
- Bars are best the day you make them, but will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
I link up at these great Link Parties!