With just 4 ingredients you could have this delicious Salted Caramel Fudge! Melted chocolate is mixed with condensed milk and chocolate caramels to create a seriously naughty treat. Finished off with some sea salt; this fudge has that sweet and salty contrast that everyone loves!
It’s secret recipe club time again! It still amazes me how quickly it comes round every month!!
I also headed over to read about Rhonda and found her instantly likeable! I felt like I was reading about a myself! Totally comfortable in her own skin and says what she thinks – i.e the exact same as me!
She’s also traveled Europe on a Harley and is an avid motorcycle rider! I would love to travel across Europe by road, none of that flying stuff – I want to see and experience everything!
I was so tempted to try something savoury this month, but once I saw this Salted Caramel Fudge I knew I had to make. I had all the ingredients to hand (well, we don’t get milk duds here, so I had chocolate caramels) and a microwave 😉 That’s all you need to create this incredible fudge!
I apologise now for the awful photos. I was feeling ill and the weather was sunny one minute and raining the next – I just wanted to shoot quickly!
Just look at that oozing caramel! I’ve made proper Vanilla fudge before, but never chocolate fudge, even though I’ve wanted to for ages. The fact that this recipe was so quick and incorporated caramel just made it a complete winner!
I have to admit, I’m a little love/hate when it comes to the salty/sweet mix. I know soooo many people who absolutely adore it, but sometimes I really don’t!
However, with this fudge? It totally works and is the cherry on top of an already delicious treat!
My OH took these to work with him and brought home an empty container, so I guess everyone else thought they were pretty damn amazing too!! 😀
They have a great depth of flavour – rich chocolate with sweet caramel and then the salt hits after, a myriad of flavours in one bite!
Seriously, this is the easiest fudge in the world to make! Melt some chocolate and condensed milk together, add in a pinch of salt and some milk duds, then leave it to cool before topping with more sea salt – done.
Go make some now!
Enjoyed this post? Sign up to my weekly newsletter to ensure you never miss a post!
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips (50-60% cocoa solids)
- One 14oz can condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Milk duds (or small chocolate caramels, we don't get Milk duds in the UK)
- Sea salt to sprinkle (I used Maldon Sea Salt)
- Grease and line an 8x8 inch square pan.
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk into a large heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir, then heat in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until all the chocolate is melted. Mix until you have a thick fudgey consistency.
- Add in a pinch of salt and the chocolate caramels and stir until combined. Tip into the lined pan and leave to cool. Once cool, place in the fridge until properly set.
- Slice into 12-16 squares and sprinkle a little salt on top of each square. Fudge will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 3 days.