This Strawberry Lemonade is simple to make and SO refreshing on these long, warm days. Juicy strawberries are pureed and mixed with a simply syrup and fresh lemon juice to create this flavour packed Summer drink.
Can we just talk about this weather?
Now, I’m not about to start panicking like the rest of the country, but it is a bit much! I wouldn’t mind if it was just warm, it’s the fact it’s so muggy as well. When you walk outside it’s like there’s no air and even walking to the toilet makes you break out in a sweat.
Thank goodness for air conditioning!
Even though I do like it to be warm, it’s not like I can actually go out… hands up who has the palest skin ever which frazzles as soon as you walk outside. Yep, that’s me.
Basically, I’m a vampire.
Even with SPF50 on I can literally watch my arms burn. It’s so attractive!!
And a tan? That never happens. I burn, turn into a tomato and then peel and am left as pale as I was before.
So, I’m going to stay indoors and watch everyone else have fun in the sun with a large glass of this refreshing Strawberry Lemonade!
I started this sweet, tangy, refreshing drink with a simple syrup.
All this is, is water and sugar heated until the sugar dissolves. It makes a sweet syrup which you can then mix in with juice, water etc. to make your drinks, smooth and perfectly sweetened.
In with that I puréed 3 cups of strawberries and sieved them to ensure the purée was nice and smooth. Then I squeezed some lemons to make 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice.
Fresh strawberries and lemons, what could be better?
For the water element, you can use either still or sparkling. I used sparkling the first time I made this and still the second, both times it was absolutely delicious and so more-ish!!
OH drank 3 glasses in about 40 minutes leaving none for me the next day…!
Of course you don’t have to place the finished lemonade in the fridge, but I believe it’s best served chilled. Alternatively you can serve at room temperature and add in some ice cubes if you’re struggling for fridge space! (I know we always are! Maybe we like food too much??).
Honestly, if you haven’t tried homemade lemonade yet, you really must. It’s so easy to make and super refreshing!
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- ¾ cup (150g) caster sugar
- 3 cups (375g) strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup (120ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups (960ml) still or sparkling water
- Ice cubes, optional
- Place 1 cup of water and sugar into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat and heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is simmering around the edges. Stir it occasionally. Once done, leave to one side to cool slightly.
- Place strawberries into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Place a sieve over a large jug and pour the pureed strawberries through the sieve to ensure there are no pips in your lemonade.
- Add lemon juice and still/sparkling water into your strawberry mix and stir briefly, then add your simple syrup, stirring until everything is combined.
- Transfer to a pitcher/carafe if desired and place in the fridge until chilled through, 2 hours. If not refrigerating, you can serve with ice cubes.
- Lemonade is best served chilled, with a slice of lemon and a fresh strawberry.
I link up at these great Link Parties!