Love decadent brunches on the weekend? Then make my Strawberry and Peach Stuffed French Toast with Honeyed Ricotta! It might sound complex, but nothing could be further from the truth. Crispy, sweet and filled with flavour, this will become your new favourite French Toast recipe!
Howdy! How is everyone?! I really hope you’ve all been having a wonderful Summer. I was hoping for a better time health wise, but I’ll talk about that when I’m back to my normal blogging schedule!
Today, I’m bringing you a fantastic recipe for Strawberry and Peach Stuffed French Toast. I’m pretty new to French toast, but now I’ve made it a few times, I’m completely addicted and can’t stop making new variations.
One thing you really need to make the best French toast? A good, non-stick pan. Ever had a pan that claims its non-stick and then you end up with a stuck, hole-y mess when you try and flip something? The times I’ve ended up with a scrambled omelette…
Not cool! I have a few of these pans, but they have now been thrown aside for this shiny new, triple-layer non-stick OXO 24cm Frying Pan.
It feels really durable and the handle is rubberised and really comfortable to hold. It’s also not too heavy for those of us like me who have practically no arm muscles.
The base is able to go on any type of hob, be it gas or induction and it’s a cinch to clean. I don’t often get excited about washing up, but cleaning this baby is so easy it’s unbelievable, it’s pretty much one wipe and you’re done.
ALSO? Its oven save to 200C. And dishwasher safe too in case you don’t have weird fixations on cleaning things like me.
I don’t know about you, but I just keep coming back to the OXO Good Grips range. I haven’t used a bad product yet, they are well thought out, comfortable to use and great quality. I cannot fault them.
Now, onto the insanely amazing French toast recipe I made for you guys in this awesome pan.
Not a stuck piece of bread in sight! 😀
Since peaches are so glorious right now, I just had to marry them together with some juicy, sweet strawberries. You all know my addiction to strawberries, so any recipe with strawberries is going to be a winner in my eyes.
I decided to warm the diced peaches and strawberries slightly along with a little sugar and cornflour, so that the filling wasn’t runny or too hard.
Warming up that fruit and cooking it slightly? TRANSFORMED this French toast. It is totally out of this world delicious.
I then dunked some day-old Brioche into an egg mixture before frying in my OXO Good Grips pan. To make this recipe even better I decided to make it stuffed French toast. Two slices of buttery brioche, a layer of that strawberry peach mixture, then another slice of brioche fried until golden to create a heavenly Brioche sandwich.
To top it off… OMG… I whisked some ricotta with honey and vanilla to create Honeyed Ricotta! Insanity.
Then I divided up the last of the fruit mixture and garnished with a few slices of fresh peaches.
I didn’t say it was a low-cal recipe… 😉
But, it will get your weekend off on the right foot!
I would highly recommend the OXO Good Grips 24cm Non-Stick Frying Pan. It’s completely non-stick and so easy to clean!! You can purchase yours from Lakeland.
- For the filling:
- 2 medium sized peaches, halved, pitted and sliced. Reserve 6 slices for garnish and dice the rest.
- 1 cup (170g) finely diced Strawberries
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp cornflour
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- For the French toast:
- 4 thick slices of day old white bread, I used Brioche
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2tbsp butter
- For the honeyed ricotta:
- ⅓ cup (85g) ricotta
- 2tsp honey
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the filling first: Place diced peaches, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornflour and vanilla extract into a small saucepan and toss to cover the fruit. Place over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously until ever so slightly thickened. Leave to one side.
- Make the French toast: Place the egg, milk, sugar and vanilla extract into a flat bottomed bowl.
- Place 1tbsp butter into a large non-stick frying pan/skillet and place over a medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, dunk one side of 2 slices of your bread into the egg mixture. Dunk for about 3 seconds, you don't want them soggy, but you do want them to absorb some liquid!
- Place your 2 slices of bread wet side down into the hot pan and then top with 2-3tbsp of the fruit filling.
- Butter one side of the remaining 2 slices of bread and dunk the other side into your remaining egg mixture.
- Place butter side down onto the bread with fruit filling on. Press slightly and then fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and slightly crisp. Flip and then fry the other side for 2-3 minutes until golden. Place on a plate to cool slightly and make the honeyed ricotta: Place ricotta, honey and vanilla extract into a small bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Divide the honeyed ricotta into two and then place on top of your French toast.
- Divide the rest of the fruit filling in two and top the ricotta with the fruit.
- Garnish each with 3 slices of fresh peaches, if desired, then serve immediately.
I link up at these great Link Parties!