These happened in my kitchen the other day.
Epic, I know.
Brownies are absolutely amazing and so are cookies. They’re just about my favourite thing in the world, so together I just knew they were going to be amazing. I mean Brownie stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies??
It was like biting into pure heaven.
These are mega cookies, there’s 4tbsp of dough for each one AND a 2 and 1/2 inch piece of brownies stuffed inside!
Not at all friendly to your waist, but honestly they’re worth it. It’s probably a good thing that I took them to my parents otherwise I would have locked myself away and eaten them all myself.
To start with I whipped up my favourite cookie dough and left it to chill overnight. Then I made my favourite homemade brownies and cut them into bite size pieces before chilling them overnight too so they’d be easy to work with when I came to assembling the cookies. You only need 12 pieces of brownie so you can eat the rest 😉
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- For the brownies:
- 12 bite size pieces of brownie. Shop bought or your favourite homemade ones.
- Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (170g) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- No need to preheat the oven yet, the dough needs to chill 🙂
- Place the flours, bicarb and chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the butter and sugars into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix on a low speed until a lovely dough forms.
- Tip the dough into the bowl you measured your dry ingredients in.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge overnight if possible, but for at least 6 hours.
- If you're making your own brownies, make these the night before as well so you can leave them in the fridge overnight. Believe me, it makes the brownies a lot easier to work with!
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line 2 baking trays.
- Scoop out 2tbsp of dough place a brownie on top and then place another 2tbsp of dough on top of the brownie.
- Push and pull the cookie dough around the brownie until covered and squeeze together your two cookies so the brownie can't leak out. Flatten slightly into a lovely big cookie 🙂
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden around the edge and still soft and a bit underdone in the middle.
- Leave to cool on the baking trays for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days.
I link up at these great Link Parties!