It’s Secret Recipe Club reveal day again!
This month my blog assignment was Eliot’s Eats – After reading the about me page I found out that the blogger behind Eliot’s Eats wants to be anonymous. I did find out that she loves to travel, I’d guessed this from reading through the blog, the pictures made me so jealous of all the great places she’s been!
It took me ages to decide what I wanted to make as there was so much to choose from, but I finally decided on this Macaroni Salad. It sounded absolutely delicious and I’m so glad I made it because it really is delicious! I left out the capers as I don’t like them, but other than that I followed the recipe and I’ll definitely be making it again as it went down so well with the other half as well!
The Perfect Macaroni Salad
- 10 oz macaroni pasta, I only had spirali!!
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped into small chunks
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and then drain. Leave to one side whilst you assemble the rest of the salad.
- Place the ketchup, mayonnaise, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, bacon, chopped eggs and pasta into a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well combined. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Will keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.