- I’m 21 (22 on Friday!) and I live with my boyfriend. I’m currently studying Interior Design at University, but after I have my degree I want to open up my own coffee and cake shop!
- This blog started after I moved in with my other half, in March 2012.
- I used to bake with my Mum as a kid, but when I was a teenager I kind of went off a bit and didn’t do any baking/cooking.
- When I got my own kitchen, I found my baking mojo again and now barely a day goes by when I’m not in the kitchen!
- I’m looking forward to this Summer off of Uni as I’m hoping to start selling some of my baked goods. I’m so excited for new opportunities!
- One day I’d love to write a cookbook, but for now I’m happy sharing all of my creations with all of my lovely readers!
Lemon and White Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1/2 stick (56g) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese, I used Philly
- 2 1/4 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon; about 2tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/350F and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt and white chocolate chunks into a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Leave to one side. Place the sugar, lemon zest, yoghurt, vanilla extract and eggs into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and mix until light and smooth, about 2 minutes on med-high speed.
- Add the flour mix into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add in the oil and lemon juice and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and level off. Place in the oven for 50-55 minutes until risen, golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the pan for at least an hour before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, make the frosting. Place the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the icing sugar and add in the lemon, start mixing on low to avoid the icing sugar cloud! Once the mixture starts to come together turn the mixer up to high and beat until light and smooth.
- Spread the frosting onto the cake generously, using a spatula.
- Cake will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe for the cake adapted from Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan Recipe for the frosting by Annie
I link up at these great Link Parties!