The sun is finally here!! It rained on Saturday, but was absolutely gorgeous yesterday and today is turning out pretty darn gorgeous as well!
We went into town yesterday and I actually had to take my jacket off because I was too hot! It was warm enough to wear a vest and shirt!
I had such a lovely birthday, I felt very spoilt! I got loads of new baking stuff, perfume, nail varnish, glittery black Toms shoes (which I’m in love with!) the list goes on!
I also got this gorgeous Stella & Dot bracelet which I’ve wanted for ages!
When my boyfriend came home from work he had bought me the biggest bouquet of flowers I have ever seen!! They are half as tall as me and I’m 5ft 10! Such a gorgeous selection; tulips, roses, lilies, carnations…. the living room smells beautiful!
Anyway, lets talk about muffins. Normally, I have granola and natural yoghurt for breakfast, but sometimes I’m too busy (or running late) and I need something on the go, whilst still being healthy and filling.
This is where these muffins come in handy 🙂 They have hardly any fat and only 1/2 a cup of light brown sugar. Best of all, they are packed with banana and blueberries. They taste amazing, I could easily have eaten about 5 which obviously would have been fine as they’re healthy right?? :p
Just look at those oozing blueberries… mmmmmmmmmm I need to make these again!! But for now I’ll share the recipe for them so you can enjoy them as much as I did! They’re super easy to make and you don’t even need a hand/stand mixer, just a spoon!
Blueberry and Banana Muffins
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, (I used fresh, but frozen are fine too)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas; very ripe bananas are best, this was 3 medium sized bananas for me
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C/325F and grease 2 muffins trays. You'll only need to grease 3 holes in the second tin, but fill the remaining holes halfway with water to make sure you get evenly baked muffins.
- Place the flours, bicarb, salt and blueberries into a large bowl and gently mix until combined.
- Place the honey and light brown sugar into a jug and mix with a fork until smooth. Add in the mashed bananas, natural yoghurt, egg and milk into a jug and beat until well combined and quite smooth, small lumps of banana are fine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Gently mix the batter until combined, do not be tempted to overmix and beat the mixture otherwise your muffins will have a dry texture.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tins, level filling them.
- Place in the oven for around 18 minutes until risen, lightly browned and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tins for at least half an hour before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction - http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/03/17/skinny-banana-blueberry-muffins/
I link up at these great Link Parties!