So here goes….
My first recipe with RAW images!!
It’s taken me all day to choose, edit and then watermark the images, but I’m done and I must say I am in love with the results!! Those strawberries look sooooo good!
These white chocolate tartlets were absolutely DIVINE! A proper biscuit base (none of that supermarket fake crap), a light and delicate white chocolate mousse filling and all topped off with sweet strawberries… bliss 🙂
I’m not sure I’ve told you how much I adore strawberries, they are, without doubt, my favourite fruit ever.
Sometimes I just have to buy them, even when not in season, since supermarkets are ultra convenient now, but when strawberry season arrives? I stock up!
Strawberry and White Chocolate Tartlets
- Ingredients for the base:
- 2 1/2 cups crushed digestives, measured after crushing
- 1 stick (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 7 oz good quality white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup double/heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 lb fresh strawberries, sliced thinly (reserve 6 whole strawberries to garnish, if desired)
- Grease and line 6 tartlet tins or one 9-inch pie plate.
- Place your crushed digestives into a medium sized bowl and pour the melted butter over them. Mix until everything is coated.
- Split the crumbs between the tartlet tins and flatten with your (very clean) hands until level. You could use a spoon if you want, but I found it so much easier to just use my hands.
- Place the bases into the fridge or 30 mins-1 hour.
- Once chilled, it's time to make the filling! Place the cream, vanilla extract and sugar into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on low-med until firm peak. You want the cream to hold on a spoon for around 10 seconds. Fold in the cooled, melted chocolate by hand.
- Divide the filling between the tartlet tins, fill them level. Return the tartlets to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, garnish with sliced strawberries and a whole strawberry in the middle!
- Tartlets are best eaten on the day you make them, but will keep for 1 day wrapped well in the fridge.
Recipe by Annie
I link up at these great Link Parties!