These Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Blondies are chewy and fudgey, packed with pumpkin spices and white chocolate chips – the best bit? They’re not cakey in the slightest!
I could hold off no longer!
I cracked open the pumpkin yesterday and now I don’t know how to stop…. Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Blondies for every one!
Seriously, I want to use all the pumpkin – there are just so many possibilities! Total food blogger’s dream to sit and have a wave of creativity – sometimes I just sit and write ingredients or flavour combination I want to use – I have hundreds of pages of random notes.
I mean, one day I’m sure I’ll get through that list… but then again there are new things I want to make every day! I mean, life is only so long – so let’s just hope I live forever and get to make everything on my “baking bucket list”.
In other news, due to demand Starbucks have brought back their Pumpkin Spice Latte early! 😀
When I saw that the US was getting it on the 26th August I was practically packing my bag and leaving.
Normally, we don’t get it until October.
OCTOBER PEOPLE?!?! What is this?!
I’m glad they reconsidered, I had a serious craving going on. I’ve already had 3 and they only came out last week…
Apparently you can buy Pumpkin Spice coffee syrup, but I’m not entirely convinced it will taste as good. Well, guess there’s only one way to find out.
Have any of you managed to make a homemade version which is really close to the original?
Enough about my coffee addiction, let’s talk blondies.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed to make this deliciousness.
Look at that fluffy orange goodness! I’m in love! 😉
These are incredibly simple to make, you don’t even need a mixer – all hail quick and simple recipes.
Just look at those babies ^^
Not a cakey texture in sight. When I want a blondie, I do not want a cake sliced into bars – they have just got to be chewy and fudgey. I mean, if I want a cake, I’ll make one…
I make my blondies exactly as I make brownies, only with melted white chocolate – normally. With these, I mixed melted butter with light muscovado sugar, an egg and some vanilla then used the pumpkin instead of an extra egg and melted white chocolate.
I still wanted these to have that sweet, vanilla-ry taste of white chocolate though, so I used chips instead – this means you get a little hit of chocolate, but it’s not overpowering and the lightly spiced blondie mix is really allowed to shine through! 🙂
Now, we all know eggs help bind our baked goods together, so there was a slight risk that only using 1 egg could have resulted in a dry, crumbly blondie – that would not be good!
Also, it tends to be the case, that if you add pumpkin to a recipe it can make things cakey, so I took some of the flour out to compensate and mixed the sugar with melted butter to create my “glue”.
Now, brownies are some of my favourite things to eat, so in developing this recipe for their lighter sister, I didn’t want to lose any of the thick, chewy richness that I love so much in brownies.
There is definitely a formula to getting the perfect consistency to your blondies and after a lot of developing, I’m sure I’ve found it in this recipe, you will not be disappointed!
Lightly spiced, moist, chewy, chocolate-y…just all the best bits of Autumn mixed into the perfect blondie recipe – you should definitely go make some!
P.S – I graduated last week!! It was such a good day and I got to spend it with my family. We went for a meal afterwards and I couldn’t wait to get out of my dress and into a pair of comfortable jeans!
I can’t say I’ll miss the tutors or the course, but I’ll most definitely miss all the laughs with my classmates. I’ve made some fab friends and thank goodness technology makes it easy to stay in contact!
Enjoyed this post? Sign up to my weekly newsletter to ensure you never miss a post!
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 stick (113g) unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (200g) light muscovado/light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup (140g) plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (132g) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease and line an 8x8 inch square pan.
- Place sugar into a large bowl and pour the melted butter over it, mix with a whisk until well combined and smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the pumpkin and mix until well combined and smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, place the flour, salt, spices and chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips are coated in flour.
- Add the flour mix into your wet ingredients and stir until combined - don't be tempted to beat or over mix otherwise you'll end up with rubbery blondies.
- Tip the mix into your lined pan and smooth until level with a spatula/wooden spoon.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean. They will still look a little dark/moist in the middle, this is fine.
- Leave to cool in the pan for at least and hour before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cool, slice into 9-12 pieces.
- Blondies will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 3 days.