These creamy Mixed Berry Overnight Oats are super easy to make and packed with so much flavour! The perfect way to jazz up your oatmeal!
I remember a few years ago when I didn’t really like oats. I know, shocking considering how many oat recipes I now post, but yup. I used to think they were kind of bland and a bit “bleurgh”.
Then I heard of Overnight Oats and my life was transformed. I now have either overnight oats or normal oatmeal. Every. Single. Day.
I normally have a spoonful of jam or some applesauce and cinnamon on my oats, but every so often I play around with new toppings/add ins and create something wonderful, like these Mixed Berry Overnight Oats.
In these overnight oats, I added strawberries, raspberries and blueberries along with some vanilla. You must know by now I’m a berry fiend, so already these oats were right up my street!!
Then… I made a mixed berry compote to spoon on top and these became the most amazing overnight oats ever. The intense flavour from the compote… oh my gosh, just sublime!
What I love about Overnight oats is that you can make a huge batch on Sunday evening and then have breakfast sorted for the whole week.
Just perfect when you’re busy rushing around trying to do a million things at once and you don’t have time to make breakfast from scratch. Basically every day for most of us then!!
Mixed Berry Overnight Oats
- For the overnight oats:
- 3 cups (240g) rolled oats
- 3 tbsp sweetener, such as truvia
- 1/4 cup (38g) diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup (31g) raspberries
- 1/4 cup (38g) blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the compote:
- 2/3 cup (125g) mixed berries; I diced the strawberries and left the blueberries and raspberries whole
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- Place the oats, sweetener and mixed berries into a medium sized bowl and stir briefly to combine.
- Add in the milk and vanilla extract and stir until all the oats are coated in milk. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
- To make the compote: Place mixed berries, sweetener, water, cornflour and salt into a small saucepan and place on a low heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently and then cook until thickened and the fruit begins to break down. I left some blueberries whole, but let the raspberries and most of the strawberries cook down to a pulp.
- Stir the overnight oats and then divide into 2-3 bowls. Top with a spoonful of compote and serve.
I link up at these great Link Parties!