This thick and creamy Mango Lime Smoothie is the perfect post workout pick me up! Tropical and zingy, it’s one super delicious smoothie!
I’m not one to really overindulge over Christmas. I mean, I’ll have a bit of pudding and chocolate, but I won’t pile my plate super high and make myself feel ill.
However, I still love getting back into my workout routine come January and smoothies are my number one favourite thing to make post workout.
So, I decided I needed a tropical pick me up since the weather outside is dull and dreary; enter this Mango Lime Smoothie!
I wanted something that would really pack a flavour punch and I thought that lime would be the perfect way to cut through sweet mango.
I didn’t want to go too far and make this smoothie so tart it makes you wince, but I added enough lime to make sure you can definitely taste it!
In the recipe, I’ve put that I sweetened my smoothie with agave. This is totally down to personal preference and how sweet your mangoes are. You may not need any sweetener at all and you can also use honey, sugar or sweetener.
I just love how agave tastes with mango and I’m also allergic to honey, so I didn’t want to make myself ill!
I’ve made this Mango Lime Smoothie before without sweetener as I had particularly sweet mangoes, but this time it just needed a little helping hand to ensure the perfect balance between sweet and tart.
So, if you’re looking for a smoothie to perk you back up after a workout, then I definitely have you covered with this delicious concoction! Enjoy!
Mango Lime Smoothie
- Juice of 1 small or 1/2 a large lime
- 2 cups (450g) fresh mango chunks
- 1 cup (200g) ice cubes
- 2 tbsp agave nectar/honey/sweetener; down to personal preference, you may not need any depending how sweet your mangoes are
- Place lime juice, mango chunks and ice into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and then add sweetener of choice, if using. Pulse until blended.
- Divide between 1 large, or 2 small glasses and serve immediately.
I link up at these great Link Parties!