Soft and chewy cookie dough filled with butterscotch and white chocolate chips. Baked until golden and served with ice cream, this skillet cookie is almost too good to share!
I have a confession; until this recipe, I’d never eaten or even seen butterscotch chips in this country!
Mr AN managed to find me a bag at a local shop which sells loads of American candy. I’ve wanted them for SO long and I finally got my hands on them!
So, the natural thing for me to do was to make a decadent, soft and chewy skillet cookie of course!
As much as I love normal cookies, there’s something about a skillet cookie that makes me fall in love with them more every time I make them. I love the idea of just grabbing a spoon and sharing a cookie between friends!
Maybe it goes back to why I started baking in the first place; because I love making people happy with food.
I just like the idea of people tasting a dessert I made and being like “OMG this is amazing!!!”
And that’s exactly what happened with this skillet cookie!
It actually tastes like vanilla ice cream in cookie form. It’s slightly crisp around the edges, yet in the middle so gooey and soft with tons of melted chips.
You should know by now I loved to absolutely stuff my cookies with chips; more is definitely more when it comes to chocolate chips!
I topped it with vanilla ice cream and drizzled butterscotch sauce all over the top and with that cold ice cream melting on top of the still warm cookie, it was heaven in every bite. Total heaven.
This is one recipe you’re bound to love and want to make again and again!
Butterscotch White Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup (175g) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (175g) white chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups (350g) plain/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda/baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/white sugar
- 1 3/4 sticks (200g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce, to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and spray a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Leave to one side
- Place butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, flour, cornflour, bicarb and salt into a medium sized bowl and stir to coat all the chips in flour. Leave to one side.
- Place sugars and butter into a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides as necessary, and mix until well incorporated and smooth, around 1 minute on medium speed.
- Tip in the flour mixture and mix on low until a soft dough forms and there are no lumps of flour.
- Tip the dough into your prepared skillet and smooth with a spatula until you have an even layer of dough.
- Place in the oven for 23-28 minutes, until slightly crisp around the edges, golden and risen all over and the top looks matte in the light of the oven. An inserted skewer into the middle will come out with a few crumbs. You still want it to be soft in the middle and slightly underdone, but it will still look matte on top.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes, before topping with vanilla ice cream and drizzling butterscotch sauce over the top. Grab a spoon and dig in!
- Butterscotch White Chocolate Skillet Cookie will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 5 days. I would advise taking it out of the skillet as it begins to taste metallic after a day in there!
I link up at these great Link Parties!