This smooth and creamy Cherry and Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream is ready to freeze in minutes and tastes just as good as the churned stuff!
One day, I really must buy a proper ice cream machine… However, for now no churn ice cream is my jam and this cherry and vanilla one is simply sublime!
Smooth, creamy and filled with fresh cherries and flecks of vanilla bean paste. It’s just perfect for when you want to cool down, but still indulge! The weather has somewhat improved here in the last few days, so I would just love to be say outside enjoying a cone of this ice cream.
Unfortunately I’m as pale as paper, so tend to hide from the sun unless I have to!!
It’s funny, Mr AN and I were once talking about getting married somewhere hot. Then I remembered that I would basically be a pair of eyes getting married as I’d have to cover my skin completely. I actually think I’m borderline allergic to the sun as I come out in a huge rash no matter what SPF I put on if I stay out in it for any length of time.
I have never once in my life had a tan…. even when I’ve been out in the sun, I just go red, then go white again hahaha!
Now, to make this ice cream, you won’t believe how quick and easy it is! All you do is whip up some double cream and vanilla bean paste, add in a tin of sweetened condensed milk, then fold in diced cherries before pouring it into a loaf tin and placing in the freezer. That’s it!!!
Pop a couple of scoops into a waffle cone and you’ll be carted off to heaven. Fruity, sweet and with a gorgeous hit of vanilla, this is just the most perfect ice cream. Sometimes it really is the simple things in life which are the best!
I’m just going to pretend I’m sitting somewhere on a beach, with a book, enjoying this divine ice cream, you guys can enjoy the heat for me!
Cherry and Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups (480ml) double/heavy cream
- 3 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 14 oz (397g) can of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- Place double cream and vanilla bean paste into a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. You want to pull the whisk out and for the cream to hold its shape for around 5 seconds, before the peak falls over.
- Add in the can of condensed milk and whisk until smooth and creamy. Fold in 3/4 of the diced cherries by hand.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 2lb loaf tin. Mine is 9 x 5 x 3 inches. Sprinkle the reserved cherries on the top and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or until frozen through.
- To serve, leave out for 10 minutes before scooping into a cone or bowl and devouring!
- Cherry and Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream will keep covered, in the freezer for a month.
I link up at these great Link Parties!