These Strawberry and White Chocolate Fools are made up of sweetened cream, a fresh strawberry purée and flakes of white chocolate! The best bit? They’re ready in under 10 minutes!
Well…. What a couple of weeks it’s been here! I’ve not been very well since the start of Summer which seems to happen every year.
I don’t know why, but my body always decides come 21st June that it’s going to throw every illness possible at me. Even random ones doctors can’t explain.
I’m still trying to get to the bottom of one of my issues which started a few weeks back, but I’m feeling well enough to be back in the kitchen after being floored with this mystery bug.
I also had a migraine for 3 days and found out I’m probably allergic to one shade of red tattoo ink. Of course the tattoo I just got is 90% red, so that’s typical of my body!
It seems to be a light shade of red and my body just point blank rejected it and I ended up with light spots on my tattoo only where this ink was. I also have this swelling next to, but not on my tattoo and I’ve had Doctors and my tattoo artist say that my actual tattoo is not infected and I’ve looked after it really well, which I thought too, but we still can’t explain this swelling.
My doctor thinks it’s the reaction to this ink, so I’ve been taking antihistamines and putting hydrocortisone on the swelling as per her instructions, but it’s still there. My tattoo artist has never seen anybody with a swelling next to a tattoo which is again typical of me.
My artist touched my tattoo up with a slightly darker ink and it’s healing well, so fingers crossed it stays looking beautiful this time round and my body doesn’t play any games!
Anyway, shall we talk dessert?
It’s much too hot to turn on the oven, so I’ve been busy making no bake desserts including these light and creamy Strawberry and White Chocolate Fools.
Last year I made these Summer Berry Fools and they were delightful, so I knew this year I had to make another version and of course the only way to make things better is to add chocolate, right?
Fools are very simple desserts, which take under 10 minutes and can be made ahead. This makes them perfect for family gatherings, or for making and devouring yourself before anyone else even knows you’ve made one…. This is how I like to enjoy dessert! 😉
Layers of sweetened whipped cream with pureed strawberries and flakes of white chocolate make up this divine dessert and I dare you not to eat the entire thing in 2 minutes flat and want more after. They really are that good!
Strawberry and White Chocolate Fool
- 2 cups (480ml) double/heavy cream
- 3 tbsp icing/powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz (85g) white chocolate, plus an extra 1oz for garnish
- 2 cups (250g) strawberries, hulled and halved PLUS extra whole strawberries for garnish
- 2 tsp icing/powdered sugar
- Place the cream, sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl and whisk until soft peak stage. You want the cream to hold its shape, but for the very tip of your peak to fall over.
- Chop your 3oz of chocolate very finely and add to the cream mixture. Shave your extra chocolate into a small bowl and leave to one side. I use a vegetable peeler to shave pieces of chocolate!
- Place strawberries and icing sugar into a blender and blitz until smooth. Mixture will be fairly runny, but this is fine; the way it marbles and mixes with the cream really makes these fools divine!
- Take 4 individual sized bowls and place a dollop of cream in the bottom. Then spoon some strawberry puree over the top. Sprinkle some flakes of white chocolate on top of the puree, then repeat the layers; cream, strawberry puree, white chocolate flakes until each bowl is full.
- I finished my Strawberry and White Chocolate Fools off with the strawberry puree, white chocolate flakes and two whole strawberries. You can either serve immediately, or cover and place in the fridge before serving.
- This recipe is easily doubled and can be made a day ahead. Just make sure to cover them properly and keep in the fridge.
I link up at these great Link Parties!