My Pumpkin Spice Fudge is out of this world amazing. Spicy, sweet and with just a hint of pumpkin purée, you don’t even need a candy thermometer to make it!
We’re another week closer to the end of this year and I truly can’t believe how quickly the days are flying by! I feel like part way through this year stalled for me with losing Poppy… it felt like every day was so long and painful and the days just stretched out. It got to about August and suddenly time sped up again and now we are at less than 3 months until Christmas!
I am SO not ready for that! So I bring to the table today: Pumpkin Spice Fudge.
I am well into my Autumn baking and all things apple and pumpkin spice! I literally crave warming, spiced desserts at this time of year! Along with slow cooked stews and anything that’s comforting.
It’s actually been pretty warm here the past few days, but the other day on my daily walk I saw a couple of trees changing colour; I saw this one tree that was half and half! I should have taken a photo, one half was completely orange/red and then the other was still green, it was so pretty!
I can’t wait for all the leaves to fall off and for the mornings to be fresh and slightly chilly. I love wrapping up and getting cosy!
Now, let’s talk about how easy peasy this Pumpkin Spice Fudge is to make! You only need 9 ingredients and most of them are spices. You don’t need a candy thermometer, just an 8×8 inch square pan, a wooden spoon and medium sized saucepan.
I contemplated just adding the pumpkin spice and not adding any actual pumpkin purée, but then I thought that actually it would be lovely if you got just a hint of actual pumpkin and not just spicy sweet in every bite.
I’m so glad I added the pumpkin purée now; it is the cherry on the top for this amazing fudge. It’s soft, melt in your mouth, filled with spices and then at the end you get a hint of pumpkin. This stuff is so addictive, I’m sure it won’t last long in your house – enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- 14 oz (397g) white chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 14 oz (397g) can of condensed milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (60g) pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling
- Place a double layer of cling film into an 8x8 inch square pan and then spray with cooking spray. I use Wilton Bake Easy.
- Place the white chocolate and condensed milk into a medium sized saucepan over a low heat. Stir frequently until all the white chocolate has melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter. Stir until it's all melted.
- Add in the salt, spices and pumpkin purée and stir until well combined and smooth. You don't want any lumps of spice or pumpkin, so stir it well!
- Tip the mixture into your prepared pan and smooth over into an even layer. Leave to cool for 30 minutes and then place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Once set, transfer to a cutting board and slice into 16-24 small squares. I find the best way to cut the fudge is to dip a knife into a jug of hot water and then dry it off. You can make 2-3 cuts before needing to re-dip!
- Pumpkin Spice Fudge will keep in an airtight container, in the fridge for 1 week.
I link up at these great Link Parties!