This light and fluffy Lemon Curd Mousse marries together tart, sweet and creamy all in one super quick to make, individual sized dessert!
Hiya everyone, hope your week is going well. I have the most incredible 5 minute dessert for you today; Lemon Curd Mousse!
You only need three ingredients to make the mousse and then you can garnish with fresh fruit if you want; these can be made ahead and kept in the fridge until required.
Or…. you could make them and eat them straight away because they’re so delicious!
I am a total sucker for a quick an easy dessert. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a time and a place for desserts which take ages to make, but most of the time I want something which will satisfy my sweet tooth and I want it now.
I’m not always impatient, but when I am, things need to be done yesterday haha!
This Lemon Curd Mousse comes together in 2 steps; whisk the cream and sugar together until stiff, then add in the lemon curd and mix until well combined.
Divide between four glasses, garnish and devour!
I can’t tell you how excited I am that it’s almost Spring and I can start making all the lemon things again.
I ADORE lemon desserts. It is such a beautiful flavour to add to anything. I love that it can be super tart, or lighter with sweetness.
Mind you, I am someone who loves tart things; honestly the tarter the better. Sour sweets are rarely sour enough for me.
The only sour sweets that have truly made me go “WOW” were some ones we tried in Lapland. They were sour sweets on steroids!
Lemon Curd Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) double/heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (40g) icing/powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup (300g) lemon curd
- Berries and crumbled biscuits for garnish, optional
- Place the cream and icing sugar into a large bowl and whisk until soft peak. I used my stand mixer, but you can do it by hand as well. By hand gives you more control with cream and not overwhipping it. You want the cream to hold its shape when you pull the whisk out, but the tip should fall over.
- Add in the lemon curd and whisk until thick and creamy – don’t beat too hard otherwise you’ll over whip the cream.
- Divide the mixture between 4 individual sized dessert bowls; you can use glasses, trifle bowls whatever you have to hand.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries and crumbled biscuits. I used Lotus Biscoff biscuits, but lemon shortbread works too. I also sprinkled a little lemon zest on top of each mousse, this is optional.
- Either serve immediately, or cover loosely with cling film and keep in the fridge – you can make these a day ahead of time.
- Lemon Curd Mousse will keep covered in the fridge for 3 days.