These Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats are super easy to throw together and become the most amazing, creamy, fruit filled breakfast. All the flavours of cheesecake in a healthy breakfast!
Ever feel the need to eat strawberry cheesecake for breakfast? Well, now you can with my Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats!
As Summer rolls around again, I find myself not wanting warm porridge or toast for breakfast, but I still want something that’s going to keep me full until lunchtime.
I love the versatility of oats, you can use them in your desserts, make porridge, use them in face masks, put them in the bath… or make these magical overnight oats. I say magical because you put them in the fridge overnight, soaked in milk and when you wake up the oats will be soft, creamy and all the milk will have been absorbed.
You only need a few ingredients to throw these overnight oats together and then you’re set with breakfast for the next few days. It takes 5 minutes to cut the strawberries and mix everything together and then you let the fridge work its magic!
You could even make a double batch and then be set for the week. Just pop a portion into a jar if you need breakfast on the go, or have them at home. You can, of course, warm the oats up in the microwave if you prefer them warm.
It’s amazing what 1/4 cup of cream cheese and a sprinkling of digestive crumbs on top can do to transform what could be a boring dish!
I used Philadelphia lightest as I don’t like to pack my breakfasts full of calories/fat/sugar; you can use full fat cream cheese if you wish. I also used sweetener, but you can use sugar or agave. I have put 3-4tbsp of sweetener in the recipe because it will depend on how sweet your berries are.
If you’ve followed me a while, you’ll know I’ve made many variations of overnight oats before: Apple Pie Overnight Oats, Mixed Berry Overnight Oats… Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats… the options are endless.
I just LOVE experimenting with different flavours; adding different fruit, chocolate chips, yoghurt, different milks. I have an idea of another tropical flavour combination that I want to try and if it works I’m definitely sharing because it could be incredible!!
I hope you get to make these Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats and if you do let me know how you liked them!
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 3 cups (240g) rolled oats
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener, such as Stevia; you can also use sugar, agave or maple syrup. Amount needed will depend on how sweet your strawberries are
- 1/4 cup (65g) cream cheese, I used Philadelphia lightest, you can use full fat or low fat
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk, I used skim; you can use any milk
- 1 cup (150g) diced strawberries
- 2 digestive biscuits/graham crackers, crushed
- Place the oats, sweetener, cream cheese and milk in a medium sized bowl and mix until there are no lumps of cream cheese.
- Add in the diced strawberries and gently stir to disperse them.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge over night.
- When you're ready to serve, divide into jars/bowls and sprinkle with crushed digestives and dig in.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats will keep covered in a bowl or in a jar, in the fridge for 5 days. You can eat straight from the fridge or warm them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Don't sprinkle the digestive crumbs until it's come out of the microwave!