This White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge is simple to make and perfect to give as a gift. Get the kids into the kitchen too to decorate this delicious fudge!
Hiya everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. We did some Christmas food shopping before we do our final shop this weekend, then we chilled and binge watched Hawaii Five-0!
Today I have the most delicious fudge for you: White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge. I made a milk chocolate version of this a while back and that was amazing. But, I adore white chocolate, so I just knew I needed to make another version of this candy cane fudge!
With this fudge you don’t even need a candy thermometer. The hardest part is unwrapping those fiddly candy canes!!!
I love how easy this fudge is; I’ve been making the base recipe for years and it never fails me! It’s condensed milk based and then you add in whatever chocolate you like, with a knob of butter, whatever flavouring and that’s it!
This particular fudge recipe require white chocolate, condensed milk, butter, peppermint extract and crushed candy canes.
I like to line my pan with a double layer of cling film sprayed with cooking spray to help get the fudge out once it’s chilled, but you can use foil if you prefer. I’ve just never had foil work for me! It always breaks up and gets stuck to the fudge. Cling film is the only thing that works for me!
Once you’re ready to cut the fudge, make sure you have a jug of hot water, a long knife and kitchen paper before attempting to slice it!
If you try and slice it with a cold knife you will have a mess on your hands! I find it so much easier to use a hot knife, as it cuts cleanly and doesn’t stick.
You can pile a few squares on top of each other, wrap them and attach a ribbon and gift tag, then give the fudge as a gift! Or you could just keep it for yourself and share it if you dare! It’s so addictive, you’ll want to keep it and eat it!
White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge
- 14 oz (397g) condensed milk
- 14 oz (397g) white chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- 6-8 candy canes
- Spray an 8×8 inch square pan with cooking spray, then lay a double layer of cling film into the pan. Spray again with cooking spray and leave to one side.
- Place the condensed milk into a deep saucepan and break the white chocolate into it. Place over a low heat and stir frequently until the chocolate has melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and combined, add in the butter, peppermint extract and salt. Mix until the the butter has melted completely.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Place the candy canes into a large bowl, or Ziploc bag and hit with a rolling pin to crush them up. You can crush as much as you want, I like to have some tiny pieces, like dust and then some large chunks.
- Once the candy canes are smashed, sprinkle over the top of the fudge and gently press to stick them into the top.
- Leave the fudge to cool for 30 minutes, before placing into the fridge to set, this will take around 6 hours.
- Once the fudge is set, gently lift out the fudge and place on a cutting board. Peel away the cling film and place the fudge on the cutting board. Get a large jug of hot water, a long knife and some kitchen paper before attempting to slice!
- Dip the knife into the hot water for a good 10 seconds, then dry it with the kitchen paper. Cut the fudge into 16-24 squares. I usually get 2 cuts from the knife before having to reheat it in the water. I would advise using a warm knife to cut as it stops the knife sticking to the fudge.
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge will keep in an airtight container, at room temperature, for a week.