These Easy Milk Chocolate Mousses require only a few ingredients and are ready in a few minutes. Silky smooth and rich, these are the perfect way to indulge!
Why, hello there, hope you all had a great weekend! It was our second wedding anniversary the Saturday before last… so we spent the day house hunting, went for sushi and then stayed in a travelodge overnight – romance isn’t dead haha!!! We had already arranged to see my parents on the Sunday and didn’t fancy driving 400 miles in one weekend back and forth from Essex to Hampshire, so stayed locally overnight. It was a great, it not tiring weekend!
Today I have a delicious recipe for you: silky smooth Milk Chocolate Mousses. These mousses only require a few ingredients and are simple to make. The result is the most amazing, rich, chocolatey, melt in your mouth mousse. Incredible.
These Milk Chocolate Mousses are made with double cream, milk chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar and egg whites. The result is a light and fluffy mousse perfect for the chocoholic in your life!
I’ve made three ingredient mousses before, but they don’t have the light, aerated texture of a traditional mousse. These 100% do and it’s amazing! I never realised how easy mousses were to make!
You can make these Milk Chocolate Mousses without any fancy equipment, but it is an absolute breeze when you use an electric whisk! I used my stand mixer and these came together in minutes. It takes about 2 minutes to whisk your egg whites by machine, it would have taken me an awful lot longer by hand!
I’ve made this recipe so it makes 4 small or 2 larger mousses. For the purpose of my photographs I placed them in my nice dishes, which are quite large, so only made 2. However, these mousses are rich, so you don’t need a big helping. If you have mini glasses, then that would be perfect.
You can also use dark chocolate to make these mousses if you prefer. It’s down to personal preference. I love milk chocolate, but I know some people find it too sweet.
Now, let’s discuss how easy these are to make. Melt your chocolate, add cream, beat it until smooth and silky. Whisk your egg whites, add sugar. Spoon in the chocolate mixture and whisk quickly. Add in the cocoa powder and you are done! So quick and easy!
I cannot tell you how delicious these Milk Chocolate Mousses turned out! They are light as air, smooth and indulgent. They’re definitely my new go-to dessert when I don’t have time to bake something! I hope you get to try them and enjoy them!
Easy Milk Chocolate Mousses
- 6 oz (170g) milk or dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60ml) double/heavy cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp caster/white sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Squirty cream and chocolate shavings to garnish, optional
- Break the chocolate into a heat proof bowl and place in the microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Add in the cream and beat vigorously until the mixture is thick and smooth. You'll start to mix and it will be runny, then the mixture will start to come together and suddenly get very thick – this is fine! Leave to one side.
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk on medium-high until you can remove the whisk and the peak holds for a few seconds (soft peak). You can do this by hand, but I would advise using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer as it makes it so much quicker!
- Once your egg whites are whisked, add in the caster sugar and whisk again on medium speed until glossy. This will take around 30 seconds.
- Now, to add the chocolate mixture, I did it spoonful by spoonful, while I had the stand mixer on low. If you don't have a stand mixer, add a spoonful of the chocolate mixture, mix, stop, repeat until all the chocolate is incoporated.
- Finally, add the cocoa powder and turn the mixer up to medium speed until well incorporated and you have a smooth, light and aerated mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 4 small or 2 larger glasses/dishes. Place in the fridge for up to 2 hours before serving. I added some squirty cream and chocolate shavings on top to garnish.
- These Easy Milk Chocolate Mousses are best eaten on the day you make them, you can make them up to 4 hours in advance. Best served chilled.