Happy Thursday guys! Today I’m bringing you and overview of the new Kiko Unexpected Paradise collection for Summer 2020. It is absolutely gorgeous and as soon as I saw it I knew I was going to get some bits.
Currently, I’ve bought the foundation, a highlighter and a blush, but another of the blush shades is on its way to me as the one I have is SO beautiful.
I think that Kiko are one of the mose under rated brands. They make amazing products for a reasonable price. They have been knocking it out of the park with their limited edition collections recently.
The previous collection to the Unexpected Paradise one was Tuscan Sunshine. When that came out I thought they couldn’t make a prettier collection… but I was wrong. The Unexpected Paradise is even more gorgeous! From the beautiful boxes, to the compacts themselves, everything is so pretty.
Let’s get into what this collection includes, along with the bits I’ve bought; a mini review of those and some swatches!
DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post, I just love Kiko. There are no affiliate links in this post and I purchased the products myself.
UNEXPECTED PARADISE 3D BLUSH – £14.99 from Kiko
I am a blush addict, I have almost 100 blushes! Then again, because I’m so pale, I’ll take any colour I can get, so that’s probably why I love collecting them as I feel like they breathe life into my face!
These blushes are stunning; from the packaging to the pattern on the product. I own shade 2, Dream Coral and my goodness, it’s amazing. It’s a bright coral blush with a gold shift. It’s pigmented, blendable and lasts all day. It really is the perfect Summer blush. Of course, you could even go without highlighter if you wanted to as the gold sheen is more than enough.
The packaging is plastic, with a gold mirror top. They actually feel really weighty and nice in the hand. For the price, the packaging is insanely good! Oh, did I mention that this colletion smells like coconut too? Yea… it’s pretty amazing!
Here is shade 2 Dream Coral in the flesh:
UNEXPECTED PARADISE HIGHLIGHTER – £16.99 from Kiko
How beautiful are these?! These are baked highlighters and they too have leaves on and smell like coconut. I bought the lighter shade, which is called “Light of Venus” and it’s a beautiful champagne colour.
This highlighter isn’t glittery, is pigmented and can build up to quite the bright highlight! If you want to beam up to space, you can with this highlighter!
I prefer a more subtle highlight and you can do that too with this highlighter. It is perfect for us pale folk and looks beautiful on the skin. Shade 2 is a more bronzey gold and would be better for medium skin tones. I do wish they had released a third, deeper shade for my deep skinned girls.
Here is shade one in the flesh and a swatch of the blush and highlighter I own:
UNEXPECTED PARADISE BRONZER – £22.99 from Kiko
These bronzers come in two varieties. The first is a marbled, shimmer version that has lighter and darker bits that you swirl together. The second is matte and monochromatic.
I love this teal packaging, it’s really sleek and pretty. I love the etching on the top too. Similarly, the other packaging does have etching, but because it’s gold, you can’t see it as clearly.
Despite the fact, I really like that Kiko have released two different bronzer formulas, I wish they had released 2 matte bronzers and 2 shimmery to make things even.
These bronzers are the most pricey in the collection, but you get 20 grams of product! That is A LOT of bronzer! Comparatively, the highlighters are 6.5g and the blushes are 9g
UNEXPECTED PARADISE WATERPROOF FLUID FOUNDATION SPF30 – £12.99 from Kiko
I’ve had a really good experience with every Kiko foundation I’ve tried and this is no exception. It is scented, but very lightly and you can’t smell it on the skin.
I tried this foundation last week and over the weekend and it’s really beautiful. It is light coverage, you can build it slightly, but it’s still light coverage. You can’t build it up to medium or full.
However, in the summer I don’t want heavy, full coverage foundations. I want lightweight and glowy. This ticks all of those boxes. It is beautiful on the skin, really radiant and it makes you look healthy. You can’t see it on the skin at all, so it really is the perfect summer foundation.
This foundation lasted about 10 hours on me before it got quite dewy and you could see it on the skin. It never properly separated or became heavy. It’s not the longest lasting foundation I own, but it’s a great one to throw on and forget about as it wears away well too.
Here is the shade I bought: Porcelain. It’s slightly too warm, but since the coverage is light it matches me. There are only 6 shades in this range which is pretty poor. If you’re any darker than medium tan, there won’t be a shade for you. I get that it’s a limited edition collection, but it’s still not great.
THE REST OF THE COLLECTION:
I’ve shared my favourite products from this collection in mroe detail above, but this is a large collection and this would be an even longer post if I went into lots of detail. So.. I’m going to briefly go over the rest of the collection here!
- Unexpected Paradise Luminizer – £14.99. This is a coconut scented dry oil for the face and body. It has jojoba oil and is non greasy. A dry oil for making you look radiant all over while nourishing the skin to make it silky soft.
- Unexpected Paradise Loose Powder – £12.99. This is a radiant setting powder for the face. Formulated to be silky and weightless. This powder is formulated with marine algae extract, rice powder and bamboo.
- Unexpected Paradise Magnificent Eyeshadow – £7.99 each. These are rich, metallic eyeshadows infused with reflective pearls. There are six shades ranging from lilac to rose gold.
- Unexpected Paradise Long Lasting Lip Stylo – £9.99 each. These are richly pigmented, matte lipsticks and they’re formulated to be long lasting and not transfer. It claims to be soft, creamy and comfortable on the lips. There are 8 shades. Infused with orange blosson.
- Unexpected Paradise Waterproof Lip Liner – £6.99 each. Creamy, long lasting, waterproof and it includes a sharpener. The 8 shades match the Lip Stylos.
- Unexpected Paradise Powder Foundation SPF50 – £16.99. There are 8 shades of this foundation. It’s matte and long lasting. You can use this wet or dry and the coverage is buildable to medium-full.
THE LAST FEW BITS IN THIS COLLECTION…
- Unexpected Paradise Transforming Loose Top Coat – £10.99. This powder is for the face and eyes and adds a luminosity to the face. Enriched with avocado oil and reflective pearls. Transforms your makeup from matte to radiant.
- Unexpected Paradise 2-IN-1 Waterproof Twist Brush Mascara – £12.99. Water resistant, fluid and elastic formula. Clump free and multi tasking. You can either have length and volume or curl and volume.
- Unexpected Paradise Waterproof Eye Marker – £8.99. Soft, tapered brush to ensure precision. Pigmented, smooth to apply and quick drying. Water resistant, yet easy to remove.
- Unexpected Paradise Transforming Lip Top Coat – £8.99. Soft, comfortable texture, glide on formula. Formulated with reflective pearls. It has a flocked applicator, coconut scent and you can use it either alone or on top of lipstick.
- Unexpected Paradise Protective Face Stick SPF50 – £12.99. This is a translucent stick SPF that you can apply underneath makeup. This formula has both UVA and UVB protection and is soothing on the skin. Formulated with acai oil and is weightless and non greasy.
- Unexpected Paradise Transforming Nail Top Coat and Nail Lacquer – both £4.99. Top Coat here. Nail Lacquer here. The Top Coat has a metallic finish and rose gold micro glitter. Nail Lacquers are highly pigmented and have a glossy finish.
There’s one other product in this line; a mini brush and bag, but since it’s not a makeup item, I didn’t want to go into too much detail. The bag is cute, but I have too many brushes, so I don’t need anymore!
There we have it, everything in this beautiul collection. Are you going to pick up anything? I can attest to the fact the blush and highlighter are great quality, easy to use and they last all day. Furthermore, the foundation is lightweight, hydrating and breathable. I’m really impressed with the bits I’ve bought from thie collection and can’t wait for my other blush to arrive!