Chicken Noodle Soup
This Chicken Noodle soup is pure comfort in a bowl. With shredded chicken, egg noodles, carrots and onions, it's so easy to make and filled with flavour. This is definitely a soup you will want to make again and again.
Servings 4 for appetiser, 2 for main
- 1 cup egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp chicken seasoning, up to 1/2tsp if required
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot, chopped thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Dried thyme for garnish, optional
Place chicken stock into a large saucepan, over a medium heat, and bring to a boil.
Once boiled, add salt, pepper and chicken seasoning. Stir briefly, then add onion, carrot and garlic.
Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add in the shredded chicken and noodles, then simmer for a further 15 minutes.
Serve immediately, sprinkling with dried thyme if desired.